This may seem like a simple/stupid thing, but as of now there's no notification within Ghost to let you know you got a new subscriber. With my increasing numbers, I need to keep up to make certain actions/decisions.
Don't worry, this is actually a super easy thing to do and I'll make it even easier for you now. These are the steps to follow:
- Go to Zapier. If you don't have an account, create one!
2. Look for Ghost so you can configure it. Use the "Member Created" trigger event.
3. Here you will have to connect your Ghost with Zapier if this is your first time. You will be instructed to look for two things: Admin API Key & API URL. To find them, Go to Integrations -> Zapier.
4. Then, select Gmail (its easier in my opinion, if you don't use it then select another service) and start configuring it. Choose the "Send Email" trigger event.
5. Now, proceed to configure the mail. I kept it simple putting my blog mail as recipient, a straight subject and in the body, I placed the mail|name|date extractors from Ghost. This way, I'll receive a mail automatically with that info.
6. Lastly, just test the mail and see if you received it with the info of one of your subscribers. If successful, just turn on the Zap!
Voila! You are now receiving mail notifications for every new subscriber.